Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Birthday photos


And wasn't it nice for Obama to clinch the Democratic nomination on my 40th birthday? How sweet of him!

All in all, the birthday was great. The weather was sunny but not too hot or humid, I got some wonderful gifts (a blue topaz and diamond necklace from Craig; blue topaz earrings from sister Liz, my dad, and my dad's wonderful girlfriend, Liz Robinson; one of sister Liz's lovely landscape paintings; flowers from my good friend, Margaret; an Amazon.com gift card from Kay and Donald; a lovely ocean photograph from Liz Robinson; and future jewelry from my mom. Thank you to everyone!! I really appreciate it.

Here you see Rory and Craig decorating the DELICIOUS cake my mother made.... mmmmmm... I am drooling right now, anticipating the piece I will be eating later tonight. Y-U-M. Then we had my mom take a family photo, because we don't often get all four of us in a frame. =>

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seeing the cake decorating picture, all I could think of was this:

Marge: Homer! You didn't do a very good job frosting Maggie's birthday
cake.
Homer: [walking in] What? [reads lettering] It's not Magaggie's
birthday?
Oh. [eats the extra "a" and "g", then eats other letters]
Marge: Hey, hey, hey, hey! Stop it. I made a special cake for you to
ruin. It's over there.
Homer: Ooh! [goes over, picks letters off it]

fasteddy said...

Happy Burfday!!!!!

Jeannie said...

40 yrs old!?!?!!??!! Whoa....

:)