Friday, May 2, 2008

Straight hair central

Today, I had my hair professionally straightened. To explain how astonishing this process is, and how it dramatically improves my daily existence, will be a challenge. My good friend, Donna, introduced me to this process three years ago - today's procedure was my third go-round - and I will do it for the rest of my life, or as long as my hair takes well to the process.

Bio Ionic isn't for the faint of heart. First, it takes a minimum of five hours. Me and the hairdresser's chair have a delicate relationship; I have never had a perm, never had a professional color job, and typically can't bear the thought of doing anything even remotely high-maintenance to my hair. Second, it isn't cheap. Third, it isn't cheap. And fourth, it isn't cheap.

But once it is done, I am a free woman. I become literally "wash and go," and my hair is bone straight and easy to handle. No more blow drying. No more straightening with a big brush and a hair iron. It is truly life altering.

No comments: