Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What a day!

I started my new job (yay!), a family friend turned 40, and believe it or not, the Caps just beat the Philadelphia Flyers (4-2) to force Game 7 in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Too good to be true!!

First, the new job. I am simply tickled being there, and have been walking around with a goofy smile on my face for days. My new boss, Maysoon, is smart, funny, savvy, and extremely seasoned in the wide world of Marketing. This is more than I have had in a boss in quite some time, and I can barely explain how important this is to me. I was able to help Maysoon accomplish a few important things, and she is already feeling the impact of my having joined her team. Sigh. Happiness in the workplace in something I haven't felt in quite some time - and it is long overdue.

Our Boston friend, Erik, turned 40 today. I asked him how it felt, and he said, "weird." Hah! I am not far behind him, so I will report back on my own emotions when the big day comes to pass. I figure it like this - when I am 50, I'll be WISHING I was 40, so I will try not to sweat it! We sent him a $40 iTunes gift card to commemorate the changing of the decade.

On a hockey note, the Caps just beat the Flyers (in Philly) to return home tomorrow night for Game 7. I only WISH I could afford to attend the game, but alas, we are saving our duckets (quite a number of duckets are required to purchase said ticket, trust me). My sister, Liz, was watching the game in Phoenix and was so nervous that she muted the TV sound and played the guitar to de-stress. Hah!!

Rock the red!!!

No comments: