Friday, February 20, 2009

Another funny Roger-ism

From another saved email. Roger had such a silly sense of humor. And for the record, he did become a published author, thereby avoiding the fate he mentions below.

"When you're 15, you think you know everything; when you're 50 or 60, you've saved a few bucks and mastered the essential skills of living in an increasingly complex world (e.g., get your kids to program your remote for you). Then a few years later it hits you: I won't be around much longer and it won't make the slightest difference whether I'm a published author after my circuits shut off one by one and the blood pools in my lower extremities. 'Looks like he'd been watching a re-run of The Apprentice, detective. Just bored to death, I reckon. That would place time of death around 10:00 pm last Friday. Just scoop him into the body bag as best you can; these TV cases are pretty messy.'"

No comments: