Tuesday, March 4, 2008

License to play

Back in March of 2006, I took a 9-month old Rory to Arizona to visit my mom and sister. I didn't want to bring Rory's birth certificate as proof of her existence, so I instead brought her to the DMV and got a child ID card for her. Fiona and I recently went to AZ to visit my mom and Roger, and I did the same for her (we strive for parity in the Mayhew household).

For $10, you get an ID card with your kid's funny face on it, and an amusing memory book item, to boot! Rory's picture is shown first; I think she looks like a drunken elf (about to tip off the chair). Fiona is busily waving at the photographer, who was flailing a toy around to keep her attention front and center.

The entire process takes about two hours, but what doesn't at the DMV? It is well worth the wait. Enjoy!

No comments: