Monday, October 22, 2007

The Red Sox win the ALCS!!

In an astonishing comeback from a 3 games to 1 deficit, the Boston Red Sox tonight defeated the Cleveland Indians to win the ALCS. Many in Red Sox Nation, this writer included, thought we were done for. It was over. There was no chance that the team could pull this off. Never you mind that in 2004 we came back from a 3 games to 0 deficit against the Yankees, then won four straight for the first time in MLB history. Just don't think about that.

And yet, we did it! I watched the game at Jillian's sports bar in beautiful San Francisco with a few friends. It should be noted that this is the same bar in which I watched the Sox clinch the 2004 World Series (and I was attending the same tradeshow that year, too). Same month, same location, same tradeshow... it is starting to sound a little too coincidental, isn't it? =>

GO SOX! On to the World Series! I never thought they'd win ONE in my lifetime, and here we are on the possible, potential, hopeful doorstep to TWO! Bring it on!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very happy to report that I was at this game. I can be seen waving to the camera from behind Pesky's Pole! The highlight of this game was the Dropkick Murphy's impromptu concert prior to the game with a big group of little irish step dancers - all of whom dance way better than Papelbon!