Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fiona is 18 months old!

I have no idea how it happened so fast, but my squishy little baby has become a squishy little toddler! Today, Miss Fi turns 1.5 years old (her nicknames include Fia, Ona, Fi, WeeFee/WiFi, juicy morsel, and more). Astonishing! She is quite a pip, and spends 95% of her time having fun and enjoying life. The other 5% of the time, she throws hissy fits when prevented from trying to achieve her goals. => That's about the nicest way to say THAT!

Fiona is talking up a storm, and already loves to sing. She can sing the ABC song, some bits of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game," "The Wheels on the Bus," and "Down By the Station," among others. Her word list includes, but is not limited to: Mommy, Daddy, Rory, Henry, Papa, kitty cat, doggie, puppy, hippo (of course!), hockey, sock/Sox, me, I do, apple, tiger ("tigee"), polar bear ("po bo"), panda bear ("pan bo"), car, lion, mine, how are you, wow, hop, bouncy, yes, no, sorry, ball, airplane, tree, train, book, I see you, whoa, and water ("nani" - her only made-up word, as far as we can tell). 

To commemorate her 18-month existence, she woke up and ripped down the darkening blinds in her room. She wakes up at 6:15 am nearly every day, and plays in her crib until 7:00. She periodically enjoys beating on the wall when she wakes up, so we had to move her crib away from the wall so the beating wouldn't wake up Rory. She is a wild thing! Fiona is very focused on her goals, and enjoys yelling loudly (and hurling her body about) if they are not met.

She is a good sleeper, a good eater, and is very friendly and outgoing. We adore her!!

No comments: